Friday, June 11, 2010
Diabetes Camp
I have diabetes. Since I do in the summer for one week I go to diabetes camp. I used to go to day camp or something but since I'm older I get to go to camp. At camp they have a lodge, cabins, and a bunch of other really fun things. You can take friends with you too. Last year I invited my friend Kate. She couldn't go because her parents were going to Florida and couldn't be there if anything happened. This year I invited Kate again. Her parents said that she could go. We're so excited. At camp in the cabins there are a bunch of bunk beds. The counselors are really nice. There are a lot of fun activities at camp. There swimming, archery, arts and crafts, relays, and sometime during the week we get to go to the lake. The food there is really yummy. At camp they have a curfew. It's usually about 10:00. You have to get up early though. Usually that is 7 or 8:00. This year will be my third year. At night it gets super cold, but during the day it's really hot. Sometimes we can wear our pajamas to breakfast. Brooklyn is really jealous and is constantly saying "Can I come, please take me with you!" Other times she says, "Yay, no Brittany for a whole week!" She and Damon get to go to Day Camp. Guess when camp starts? August eight. In case you didn't know that's my birthday (Sunday). I'm already counting down the days till camp starts. I've even made a little chart and will stick stickers on it at the end of each day. Right now there is fifty eight days left.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
This camp sounds so fun! I'm glad you enjoy it. Plan on riding with me and others next year in the tour de cure. I want to get us registered early enough to get the "red rider" jerseys. They give one to people that ride with diabetes but only so many are available. Have fun at camp!
Post a Comment