You know how I've told you about the Great American Award? Well right now I'm going to tell you about the Gettysburg Address. I'm almost finished memorizing it. It's really loooooooooong. It has one little paragraph, one medium sized paragraph, and one extremely huge pargraph. I'm halfway into the huuuuuuuge paragraph. Do you want to hear how much I've memorized? No? Well okay then I'll just tell you the first paragraph.
Four score and seven years ago, our fathers brought forth on this continent a new nation conceived in liberty and dedicated to the proposition that all men are created equal. Even Brooklyn's memorized that.
Now for the Preamble. I'm already done with that. It's the first part of the supposedly extremely long constitution. How about that one? Do you want to hear it all? No again (jeez!). Too bad!
We the people of the United States in order to form a more perfect union establish justice, ensure domestic tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general welfare, and secure the blessings of liberty to ourselves and our posterity do ordain and establish this constitution for the United States of America.
See that wasn't so bad now was it? Now you try to memorize it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment