About Me

My photo
I am 13 years old. I love reading, writing, and playing the piano. I'm crazy, and the better you get to know me, the crazier I become. I am the oldest of four children and am L.D.S.

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Math Fair

Next week on Friday at school is the Math Fair. The fifth graders get to host it. The Math Fair is like a fair of math. All of the fifth graders get partners of two or three and think of math games. It's not that simple though. First you have to find your partner and think of a good game. It has to be short. Then we have to go up to our teacher and tell her our game and she has to approve it. Then we have to write down how to play our game and the rules. Then our teacher has to approve that. After that we have to write down 20 math questions for each grade level. And they can't be questions like 20 + 20 = 40. We can only do a couple of those. Then we get to design our game. We have to make it look really nice because just about the whole school is going to see it. Lots of kids will come up to the gym and play out math games. That goes on for the whole entire day. The only break we get is lunch. But it will be very fun. My partner's name is Megan. We decided that our game would be Rocket Ship Bean Bag Throw. We will ask the kids a question and only if they answer correctly can they play. If they do they get to take a beanbag and throw it at the rocket ship. The rocket ship has three windows, a big one, a medium sized one, and a small one. If they hit the big window they get a small prize. It they hit the small window they get a big prize. And if they hit the medium window the get the medium prize. For prizes we're doing stickers, tootsie rolls, maybe a few pencils, and erasers. She gets one pack of erasers and the tootsie rolls and I get the stickers, one pack of erasers, and one pack of pencils. I also get to make the bean bags. The big prize is two tootsie rolls and one sticker. The small prize is one tootsie roll and one sticker and the small prize is one sticker. It's going to be so much fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: