Wednesday, May 5, 2010
Term 4 Party
Recently I've told you of how at school we just had out Term 3 party. Well our Term 4 party is coming up and I've already made it. This party is supposed to be the best one of the year. We're going to the fun park for about two hours or so and get to play two of any games we want. The games are rollerskating, Lazar tag, bowling, and more. I wanted to roller skate but since my leg's not completely better yet I don't think I can. I think that I'll probably do bowling or something. Also we're taking the end of level tests. They are science, language arts, and math. So far we've done science and language arts. Another thing in school we have coming up is The Great American Award. It's a special project for fifth graders that not many do. It's also your own choice it you want to do it or not. I'm going for it. In The Great American Award you have to: memorize the Gettysburg Address, memorize all of the presidents in order, memorize the: Preamble of the Constitution of the United States, know what all the states and their capitals are, know where all of the states are on the map, recite or sing the Star Spangled Banner by memory(that may sound really easy but try doing it alone NOT singing it.), writing down the pledge of allegiance by memory in cursive spelled right with all of the right punctuation, and last of all get 100% one the American Citizenship Test. So far I've done the Star Spangled Banner, the Preamble, and the Pledge of Allegiance. I just turned the American Citizenship test to my teacher and she's grading it(the test has 100 questions and is about the wars and stuff, which is very hard)and will let me know tomorrow if I passed or not. I am also just about done memorizing the Gettysburg Address which is also VERY long. After those two things are done I'm going to work on the states and then the presidents. Whichever fifth graders complete the Great American Award get a medal. So far in my class only two people have passed it off. Their names are McKenna and Cannon. I think that I'll be next. My teacher said that if half of the class (13 people) get the Great American Award she will sing the Star Spangled Banner at the Civil War Reenactment. Sadly very few people in my class are going to get it. Boo hoo. The Great Civil War Reenactment is also a fifth grade thing. On the very last day of school. All of the fifth graders line up opposite each other and fight. We throw water balloons at each other. First we get to march into place. The people who made the Great American Award get to be at the front of the line. Yay! Also people who got the award get speaking parts. Double yay! I'm so excited.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment