About Me

My photo
I am 13 years old. I love reading, writing, and playing the piano. I'm crazy, and the better you get to know me, the crazier I become. I am the oldest of four children and am L.D.S.

Monday, February 15, 2010

Spiders

Who doesn't love spiders? ME!!!!! I 100% hate spiders. They're so creepy. In one of my other posts I tell you about a dead spider in my closet. Well, it's still there. It's to creepy to move. In my little brother and sister's room after we've moved there bookshelves or bed or something I've found dead spiders and centipedes and stuff. In the winter at our house we find lots of spiders (usually hobos) dead and alive. A few months ago we had some of our dad's friends over and just as they were getting ready to leave my dad started dancing around while staring at the floor making funny sounds. Why? There was a hobo spider running around next to his feet. A few minutes after that Brooklyn (little sister) just happened to be looking behind the front door and all of a sudden screamed. Why? There was a hobo spider behind the door. That same night before I got ready for bed I checked underneath all of the couches and looked in all of the corners to make sure there were no more spiders. Awhile ago I was taking a bath and looked up at the ceiling. There was this redish brown spider flying in midair. Of course it wasn't flying but actually dangling from a string of it's web thingies. After hanging on it's for a minute I blew on it and it floated down on top of the toilet. Another minute later it started climbing up it's web and stood on the ceiling. I calmly finished my bath and got my dad because I was NOT going to get it myself. So my dad came into the bathroom and the spider was dangling on it's web again. My dad took part of the string stuff and carried it to the toilet. After that he flushed it down and that was the end of that spider. A few years ago I was taking a bath and noticed this red thing in the bathtub with me. I found out it was a spider. Thankfully a dead spider. A few months ago my little sister had just gotten out of the bathtub and was getting dressed. All of a sudden she SCREAMED so loud you'd have thought that something seriously bad was happening. Why? There was a hobo spider that came out of nowhere. When we had just moved in to this house there was this HUGE black spider sitting in the garage where the freezer now is. I told my mom and found out it was a black widow. She put a cup over it and my dad did something with it. My friend told me that when she was about five years old she was sleeping over at her grandma's house. At one point while she was sleeping a hobo spider climbed up her arm and bit her. She said that after it bit her someone came over and whacked it off and told her to get up. The poison had gone up her shoulder so they took her to the hospital or the emergency room or something. She's okay now though. I sure hope that that will never happen to me. I hate spiders because you could just sit on one and they could bite you or you could be sleeping and they could bite you. Have you ever had any close calls with spiders? Leave me comments and tell me!

2 comments:

Tami said...

Jeepers Britt! You make our house sound like it's infested with creey-crawlies.

I don't like spiders, either.

Mom

Ballard Family said...

Hi honey, I hate spiders too. They give me the creeps just thinking about them!