About Me

My photo
I am 13 years old. I love reading, writing, and playing the piano. I'm crazy, and the better you get to know me, the crazier I become. I am the oldest of four children and am L.D.S.

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Hunger Games #2

I'm going to tell you about the second hunger games book. It's called, "Fire Burning."
Katniss Everdeen, Peeta, and Haymitch are the only winners of The Hunger Games still alive from District 12. Every 25 years there is two hunger games in a row on the same year. Katniss and Peeta have just competed in the 75th Hunger Games. This next hunger game is different. Only people who have won the hunger games before may compete. Since Katniss is the only girl who won from District 12 she is chosen as one of the representatives. So is Peeta, again. The hunger games this time could be a lot harder since every contestant has already won once. Instead of children ages 12 through 18 this one is anyone of any age. Katniss and Peeta team up together trying to keep each other alive. A few other people team up with them. Many people die the first day. This arena is different than the last. It's like a clock. At 12:00 there is a lightning storm that hits the exact same spot every time. There's a rain storm later, only it's not rain, it's blood. There's a poisonous fog. There's a beast that will tear you to pieces. There's a huge wave. Birds will change their voices to sound like the ones you love calling for help. Each hour brings something different. Mags, and 80 year old, gives up and walks right into the poisonous fog. When there are only a few contestants left, some people manage to rescue them.

In the very last sentence of the book, you learn that District 12 has been completely destroyed and less than one quarter of the people die. I'm almost done with the third book. When I finish it I'll write about that one.

No comments: