About Me

My photo
I am 13 years old. I love reading, writing, and playing the piano. I'm crazy, and the better you get to know me, the crazier I become. I am the oldest of four children and am L.D.S.

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Hunger Games #1

I'm reading a book right now. It's called "Mocking jay." It is the last book in a series of three. The first book is called, "The Hunger Games." The second is, "Fire Burning." They are super good books. However, they are really sad. I saw a bunch of kids at school reading them and decided that I wanted to read them myself. So I did.

There are twelve districts. In each district every kid between the ages of 12 and 18 are entered in a drawing. If you are twelve your name goes in once, adding one more each year. You can put in as many as you want to receive food if you are willing to take the risk. Katniss (the main character) has put in about 20 or 30. Her little sister is 12 and has only put in one. It is really sad if a 12 year old gets his or her name drawn because they have the disadvantage of being less experienced. Katniss' little sister's name is Prim. From each district one boy and one girl are chosen to go and compete in the hunger games. Prim's name gets drawn. Katniss takes her place. A boy named Peetah is her partner. They go through many interviews and stuff before it is time for the games. Here is how you play the game. Altogether there is 24 competitors (two from each district) they are provided with weapons. They are thrown into the wilderness to fend for themselves. They have to find water and food for themselves. Many die the first day. The last one alive wins. That means that they have to fight each other. A little more than halfway into the game they change the rules. If the last two alive are from the same district there can be two winners. Katniss and Peetah fight their way through almost dying multiple times. Finally it is just them when they change the rules AGAIN. As it turns out Katniss and Peetah are in love and they have to fight each other. They drop their weapons and refuse. They gather some poison berries and plan to eat them. If they do eat them they die within seconds. They have the berries in their mouths when they are stopped. The game isn't the official game unless there is a winner. So the game makers have to let them both survive.

At first my mom didn't want me to read this book. I begged her until she finally let me. My mom is almost done with the second one and I am almost done with the third one now. Which is weird. I've spent a lot of my spare time reading though. So if you are reading this you should read the hunger games. In my next post I will tell you about the second hunger games.

No comments: