Warning: This post is long and has no pictures yet it's a really great one too. Read ahead.
I'm home from camp and I had so much fun. I roomed with seven other people. Their names were: Kate, Berkly, Sydney, Korrein, Laura, Shayna, and Sophie. Korrein and Laura were my counselors. The cabin was really small but we didn't spend very much time in it anyways, so it didn't matter. I was the second oldest kid in my cabin which is really weird to me because at school I'm always the youngest. The Camp theme was: Wild West Outlaws.
Sunday: We got to choose an outlaw to represent our cabin. If you have read the book holes you know Kissing Kate Barlow. We had to tie diabetes into our outlaw's name so we named our outlaw Meter Taking-Ketone Giving-Kissing Kate. They had me write it on the poster because I thought of the name. They all said that I had very neat handwriting. Kate was wanted for taking kids' meters and leaving them with the sad story of ketones. Beware for you will die with the lack of correct insulin and when you do Kissing Kate will leave her mark, a kiss upon your face. That's what we put on the poster. Pretty nice huh?
We also had Opening Campfire. At Opening Campfire we wrote down our goals for the week and then threw them in the fire. I'm not telling you what I wrote on my paper.
Monday: We played the Gold Rush. Here's how it went. Counselors threw out rocks painted gold with amounts of money written on them. All of the campers had to go out and grab a rock and take it to the bank. Some of the counselors had squirt guns. If you got squirted you had to drop your rock and go to the doctor. If you made it to the bank then you turned in your rock and got some money which you gave to your counselors. Someone got squirted and threw their rock. It hit my elbow. It hurt really bad.
We had to pass a swimming test if we wanted to be able to swim in the deep part of the pool. I passed easily. So did Kate. You had to swim down the pool and back and then tread water for two minutes.
Later in the day we built life size versions of our own outlaws. In a ratio of 1-10 I would give my cabin's a five. Kate and I went around secretly rating other cabins' outlaws. Some of them were really bad but there were a few that were awesome.
We also had Karaoke. Each cabin chose a song and had to go up and sing it in front of the whole camp. It was pretty fun. Most of the cabins sounded terrible. I think that my cabin sounded pretty bad too. We sang YMCA. There was also a mini dance. That was really fun.
Tuesday: We did the bounty hunt this day. They gave us clues and we had to play mini games to earn them. On of the games was where someone stacked five empty soda cans on a wall and the cabin had to take turns shooting them with rubber bands. It's harder than it sounds. I shot down three.
We eventually made it to the pool, the place that we were supposed to end up. There was fake gold rocks at the bottom and pretend money in plastic bags floating at the top. The first cabins that got there, we weren't one of them, got to choose two or three people to dive into the pool with their clothes on and collect the fake money and gold that was at the bottom and floating on top of the water. We chose Sophie to represent our cabin and there was one gold bar left and she and another guy were aiming for it. Sophie got it just before the other person did it. Altogether she got $102.
That night we did music skits. Each cabin got to choose a song and dance to it or act out something. Our cabin chose the song Your Love Is My Drug. That song is so much fun to dance to. We didn't win but it was fun to dance.
On cabin of boys chose a funny song. It was about a bad guy and how he kidnapped her and tied her to a railroad track or something. The boy that played the lady mouthed the words that the lady was saying on the radio so it sounded like he had a girl voice. There was another cabin of boys that took off their shirts and threw them into the audience. One of the shirts landed on me and I screamed and threw it back at them.
That same night we watched a movie called: Shang Hi Nu. It was rated PG and was a good movie but it swore a lot and might not have been so good for some of the younger cabins.
Wednesday: We went to the beach. It was fun. We played a game where we dumped water on each other. I dumped water on this guy named Max which I shouldn't have done because he chase me until he was close enough to dump water on me and drenched me completely. :( It was still really funny.
That night we had a late night beach party which included another small dance. It was also super fun. My friend Shayna is a really good dancer and was literally in the spotlight the whole time. People kept on taking pictures of her.
Thursday: We did sleeze. You probably haven't heard of that word before but it was a fun activity at camp. The head directors dressed up as totally disgusting people and had us do disgusting contests. One of them was: who has the biggest wad of gum? My cabin knew that that would be one of the contests so we put gum in a water bottle the whole week. When it was time for that contest some of the girls in my cabin took up the water bottle and showed it to the sleeze. They said that we had to hold it in our hands. So the girls took some scissors and cut open the water bottle while spit was running out of it. They finally got it and were holding it in their hands. We won that contest.
We also had to write disgusting letters to the sleeze. We wrote ours on toilet paper and tucked in my pants. Shayna came up to read it. But before she did we pretended we couldn't find it until I say "oh look here it is" and pull it out of my pants. Shayna had to sing it to the whole camp. It was sooo funny.
Wait until you hear how I dressed up. I put on my shorts and put on my shirt backwards. I SMEARED lipstick all around my lips instead of on them. I put eyeshadow around my eyes and one them just like the lipstick. I put on mascara the same way. I put a big sparkle on my nose. I put my hair messily on top of my head and held it there with a clip. I put on socks and pulled them up as high as they would go. Then I put on one flip flop and one black boot. Then I put my watch around my ankle.
We had closing campfire. We wrote down on a piece of paper our goals for the future and the things that we accomplished that week.
That night was the big final dance. Woo Hooo! I dressed up much better than I had for the sleeze. There was a bunch of slow dances too. I danced with someone whose breath stank soooo bad that I almost died. That night I found out that my earrings and bow glow in the dark. I looked awesome with a skirt, legging that were blue but in the dark looked white, glowing earrings, and a glowing bow. The dance lasted until a little after midnight.
That same night they wouldn't let us go to sleep until our cabin was absolutely spotless. We stayed up till past one.
Friday: Berkly and I spun around in circles and tried to walk in a straight line. I fell down a couple of times. Then, here's the sad part, we all had to go home. :0, :( Boo hoo.
I had a lot of fun a camp and am going back next year, and the year after that, and the year after that. After I'm too old for camp I will be a camp counselor.
P.S. The food there was really good.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I'm glad you had such a fun week. I'm worn out just reading about all your adventures. Glad to have you home. Love ya.
Post a Comment