About Me

My photo
I am 13 years old. I love reading, writing, and playing the piano. I'm crazy, and the better you get to know me, the crazier I become. I am the oldest of four children and am L.D.S.

Sunday, July 11, 2010

Colorado Springs #2

So, you know how in my last post I told you about how my family was going to Colorado Springs? Well, we went to the Wind Caves and Royal Gorge but not the sand dunes. Why? The sand dunes were three hours away from our hotel. I don't think I really cared all that much. My mom said that the sand dunes could be as dangerous as skiing and my leg is still not all the way better! The royal gorge was 1,100 feet high. That doesn't sound very high, but it really is. There's a little stream or something at the bottom and on man lost his hat. Of course he couldn't get it back. We went on a rather boring ride down the side of the mountain. There were big fat rocks above us hanging on to the cliff. We could only hope that they didn't fall and squish us. Across the gorge there was a very long bridge. We went across that. It was very scary. There were little cracks between the boards that made it so you could look down and see the water. It made me dizzy. We also went across the gorge on a tram. That wasn't as scary as the bridge but it was fun. If you've gone to Lagoon, you see a big swing that you have to be hooked on to. It flips people around and around and you go up and down so high. It seems really scary. There was one of those at Royal Gorge. It was hanging over the 1,1oo foot high cliff. I sort of wanted to go on it just to prove that I could. I asked my dad to go with me. He did NOT want to. My mom wasn't going to go either. Finally I convinced my dad. I was tall enough for the ride but me and my dad couldn't go on it because I don't weigh as much as him and it would be dangerous because it was windy. My dad says that he was so relieved. I kind of was too. I mean who wants to be thrown up and down in the air while hanging over a cliff. All in all, my vacation was pretty fun.

1 comment:

Tami said...

I'm glad you had a good trip.

Love,
Mom