About Me

My photo
I am 13 years old. I love reading, writing, and playing the piano. I'm crazy, and the better you get to know me, the crazier I become. I am the oldest of four children and am L.D.S.

Wednesday, March 13, 2013

One is Silver and the Other's Gold

  You've all heard that old nursery rhyme, right?  If not here it is: Make new friends, but keep the old.  One is silver and the other gold.  A circle's round it has no end.  That's how long I want to be your friend. 
  I've had a lot happen these past couple of months.  And when I say a lot, I mean A LOT.  As many of you know, I'm in the eighth grade.  Last, um, I think it was April or May, my best friend and I got into a major fight.  You don't need to know the details on that, but let's just say it wasn't good.  We decided to be done; things weren't working out, and we couldn't get along.  So that was that. 
  Then, first trimester, she comes up to me and says, "I think there is too much tension between us, and I don't like that.  We need to do something about it."  I was like come ON!  What do you want from me?  When we decided to stop being friends we had also agreed that we wouldn't despise each other and that we'd just let everything go.  I was just fine.  I'd gotten over it, and then she starts talking to me again.  Leave me alone!  Seriously!  Yeah, I was being kind of.... I don't know.... disagreeable. 
  Anyway, after I got over those feelings, we started talking.  It was kinda awkward at first, but then we'd trade casual "hellos" and stuff.  Blah blah, yada yada.  A couple months ago, Kamiran (that's her name; I'm sure I've mentioned her before) and I were talking after Young Women.  We're not in the same ward, but our mutual groups meet in the same church building at about the same time, so we like to hang out for a while afterward.  After this particular activity she comes up to me and says, "We need to talk." 
  Wanna know what I said.  Well, you all know how amazingly charming I am.  The first word out of my mouth was, "Crap."  Well, we talked and talked and talked..... and then talked some more.  Sometime during our conversation she asked if I maybe wanted to try again.  I said yes. 
  Yay!  Now we're friends, and everything's great, right?  Hahahahahahahaha.   No.  Of course not.  Why would anything be just right?  Another friend of mine, who just so happens to be a guy... STOP!   Nope.  No laughing, no teasing, no astonished expressions on your face.  I am allowed to have a guy friend, so ZIP IT!  Anyways, he (not naming  names) was a jerk.  He lied to me, so I got mad at him. 
  Long story short, I wouldn't talk to him.  We weren't really friends for, oh, about a month.  Then, FINALLY, he apologized.  What took you so long!?  Anyway, as of yesterday morning we are now friends. 
  Now, you're all probably really confused because most of you have no idea who or what I'm talking about.  It's going to stay that way.  Ask me nothing, and I'll tell you no lies. 






2 comments:

I said...

:) :D :p :0 :3

Alexis said...

:D