About Me

My photo
I am 13 years old. I love reading, writing, and playing the piano. I'm crazy, and the better you get to know me, the crazier I become. I am the oldest of four children and am L.D.S.

Friday, November 25, 2011

Christmas, Christmas Time is Here!

We just finished putting up our Christmas decorations. We have 8 Christmas trees. 3 in the living room, 1 in the kitchen, 1 (the present tree) downstairs, 1 in my room, 1 in Brooklyn's room, and 1 in Damon's room. We also have a bunch of tiny little miny trees around the house for decoration. I even cleaned my room today... good! Now it's nice and clean and the Christmas tree looks nice.
I have learned a few things over the past Christmases:
1. Putting up the village makes Mom mad (REALLY mad) and it is just best not to do it even if it is very pretty. (We didn't put it up this year.)
2. My mom insists of taking all of the decorations down the day after Christmas. It drives her crazy if we keep it up any longer. I personally think she should give it a few days, because we kind of want to sit around and play with our toys and stuff that we got for Christmas. I get that Christmas is over when it's over and that trees and decorations and stuff should not (in my opinion) be kept up until after January 1st, but I hate taking them down the day after.
3. Taking them down is much easier and faster than putting them up.
4. Leaving all of the ornaments on the trees when you put them away saves up a lot of time for the next year when you have to put them back up.
5. (I discovered this one today.) It is best to put up as much as you possibly can while Maya is taking a nap... for obvious reasons.

Those are only five of the many things that I have learned thesepast years. Anyways, I love the Christmas season (except for the snow!) and like putting up the decorations. Now I'm going to go...

No comments: