Saturday, June 19, 2010
Around the World
My mom just got us a basketball net. We've been wanting one for a little while. My mom had a hard time building it (my dad doesn't do stuff like that, instead it's my mom). Building it required help from Brooklyn, Damon, and me. Finally she got it set up. We played horse, and I showed Damon how to play war. Then I showed him how to play around the world. Damon and I have been playing it a lot, the past couple of days. I was pretty sure we were playing it wrong. My neighbor, Aleks, was watching us. He seemed to think that we were playing it wrong too. Here's how we were playing: we made a whole bunch of numbers all over the ground with chalk. Then starting at one, we took turns shooting the ball into the basket. If we missed, we could take a dare and shoot again. We could also stay in the same spot and not move. If we missed that dare, we had to go back to number one. At first Damon was taking dares all of the time. He can't aim very well, and misses a lot. When he realized that I was going to beat him if he kept this up, he only took dares on number one. If you make a basket you move on to the next number. On the next number you can take a dare and shoot again. If you miss you go back to number one. Since we thought we might be playing wrong, I renamed it "Stay or Dare." Spooky, huh?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment